Advice by country

When changing your name, you’ll need to take care if —

  • you’re resident in a country outside the U.K.
  • you’re a national (or dual national) of a country other than the U.K.
  • you want to register your child’s birth outside the U.K.
  • you want to get married outside the U.K.

Country-by-country guides