Excellent service, I would recommend Deed Poll Office
I found this site to be fantastic value compared to either a solicitor or other sites, the fact there is a discount for multiple name changes within the family is fantastic and saved a lot of money.
The service was also very easy and the documents came out via the post very quickly.
22nd March 2013
Very helpful and documents sent out very quickly
I used the deed poll service to change my surname. It was extremely easy to fill out the online form, and it checks several times on your name change in case you've entered it wrong!
I thought it would be a difficult long winded experience and it would take a long time to receive my certificates but I was wrong!
5th January 2013
What an excellent service from Deed Poll Office
So far everything they have changed has gone through without any problems, including tax office, driving licence, doctors, bank etc, I was a little dubious at first as the price difference between this service and a solicitor is just too different to believe!
I would definitely recommend this service to any friends or family, it was just so simple, good value, stress free.
15th March 2013
What a knowledgeable user-friendly office!
I had cause to contact the office by e‑mail and the response was immediate, together with a wealth of additional information which proved invaluable.
The staff were so helpful, and above all, knowledgeable.
10th December 2012
Apply for a deed poll online
It costs £ 18 to make a deed poll application online.
(It's the same price for adults and children).
We’ll prepare your deed poll documents and post them to you within 2 working days.
Our prices and our procedures are transparent — there are no hidden fees.
What you’ll get from us
- your deed poll document (posted to you by your selected delivery method)
- any requested copies of your deed poll (each copy will be a duplicate original)
- full instructions on how to correctly execute (sign and witness) the deed poll
- personalised guidance on how to update your official documents and records, and a suggested list of organisations to contact
- a personally written cover letter to send to record holders (we’ll e‑mail this to you as a Word document so you can print it out as many times as you need)
- for child applications, a cover letter justifying who has parental responsibility for your child — and who has to give their consent by law
- a driving licence application form (if requested) — we’ll order this for you, and it will be posted to you directly by the DVLA.
Your deed poll will be printed on high-quality security paper, bearing our unique guilloché design.
We take great care to produce a beautiful, professionally-formatted document that you’ll have pleasure in keeping for the rest of your life.
Guilloché was first developed in the 16th century as a decorative engraving technique, and is now used as an anti-forgery protection on bank notes and certificates.
If you need help
If at any point you have a query about the process or how it affects you, you are more than welcome to contact our support service, and a deed poll adviser will be glad to help you.
We'll also support you if anyone doubts the authenticity of your deed poll (e.g. uninformed bank staff), and we'll make sure your deed poll is accepted. We guarantee that our deed polls will be accepted by any government body, company or organisation in the U.K.