Coronavirus disease update
Deed Poll Office is running as normal during the coronavirus disease (COVID–19) pandemic.
We will carry on running as normal, for as long as possible.
If and when this situation changes, we will let you know as soon as that happens.
Postage of documents during the coronavirus pandemic
We normally post all documents and correspondence (other than by e-mail) to you by Royal Mail.
Royal Mail have made the following changes to their services for the coronavirus period:
- Special Delivery by 1 p.m. will be delivered by 4 p.m. (the next working day)
- Special Delivery by 9 a.m. will be delivered by 11 a.m. (the next working day)
- items posted by Special Delivery (by 9 a.m. / 1 p.m.) on Wednesday 23rd December will not be guaranteed to arrive on the 24th (see below); they will arrive on either the 24th or Tuesday the 29th of December
- Special Delivery (by 9 a.m. / 1 p.m.) and Recorded (“Signed-For”) will not require a signature on delivery (although you’ll still get a confirmation from Royal Mail)
- international deliveries will not be accepted by Royal Mail from Monday 21st December till Wednesday 23rd December 2020 (inclusive); we will send out all international deliveries on Tuesday 29th December (coronavirus restrictions permitting)
- deliveries to some countries outside the U.K. will be delayed (see Royal Mail’s list)
Royal Mail is no longer asking recipients to sign for items of post, although (for tracked items) you will still get a confirmation of delivery.
Royal Mail is no longer holding undelivered items for 30 days, and has now gone back to the normal policy of holding items for 18 days before returning them back to the sender.
For more information on Royal Mail’s level of service see —
Delays are likely for documents posted to countries listed as “on suspension” on Royal Mail’s country-by-country list.
We will nevertheless still post your documents to any country you choose.
Due to coronavirus restrictions, Royal Mail are not accepting any international post, from Monday 21st December until at least Wednesday 23rd December.
Although you are free to make an application for a deed poll, and to select an international delivery address, we will not be able to despatch your documents (by Royal Mail International Standard or Tracked and Signed) until the coronavirus restrictions are lifted. This — as far as we know — will be on Thursday 24th December; however, in practice we expect these restrictions likely to carry on until after Christmas.